If you forget your Mayo Clinic Patient Portal credentials (username or password) or need to reset them for security reasons, follow these steps to regain access to your account:
- Go to the Mayo Clinic Patient Portal Login Page: Visit the official Mayo Clinic website and navigate to the Patient Portal login page. Look for a link or button that says “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password.” Click on it to initiate the reset process.
- Username Recovery: If you forgot your username, click on the “Forgot Username” link. You will be prompted to provide some personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and possibly your medical record number or other identification details. After submitting this information, Mayo Clinic will verify your identity and provide you with your username via email or other specified means.
- Password Reset: If you forgot your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link. You will be asked to enter your username or email associated with your Patient Portal account. Mayo Clinic will then send you a password reset link to your registered email address.
- Follow the Password Reset Link: Check your email inbox for the password reset link. Click on the link provided in the email to be redirected to a page where you can create a new password.
- Create a New Password: Choose a strong password for your account. It should be unique and include a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using easily guessable information, such as your name or birthdate.
- Log in with New Credentials: After successfully resetting your username or password, go back to the Patient Portal login page and log in using your new credentials.
- Update Security Information (Optional): For added security, you may have the option to update your security questions or enable two-factor authentication to further protect your account.
If you encounter any issues during the credential reset process or need further assistance, contact Mayo Clinic’s patient support services. They will guide you through the necessary steps and help you regain access to your Mayo Clinic Patient Portal account.